Restaurants prepare specials for the Des Moines restaurant week
Des Moines Restaurant Week, an annual celebration of chef creativity, is back for its 14th year.
28 restaurants from the Des Moines metro are participating in the 10-day event organized by dsm magazine, which will run until August 29. Restaurants prepare lunch and dinner specials at a fixed price. Lunches range from $ 15 to $ 25, while dinners cost $ 30 to $ 45 per person.
Following:The new Secret Admirer neighborhood bar is open. Here are 3 drinks to try.
During Restaurant Week, community members can nominate their favorite restaurant industry worker for the third annual Staff Appreciation Award presented by Society Insurance.
Descriptions of each restaurant’s special menu options are available at dsmrestaurantweek.com. Contact restaurants for reservations or additional details.
Following:5 new restaurants to try in the Des Moines skywalk, plus what else has changed
- Alba: 524 E. Sixth St., Des Moines; (515) 244-0261
- Americana Restaurant and Lounge: 1312 W. Locust St., Des Moines; (515) 283-1312
- Aposto: 644 18th St., Des Moines; (515) 244-1353
- Aura Restaurant and Lounge: 12851 University Ave. # 400, Clive;
- Bubba: 200 10th Street, Des Moines; 515-257-4744
- Center: 1003 W. Locust St., Des Moines; 515.248-1780
- Clyde’s Fine Diner: 111 E. Grand Ave., Suite 111, Des Moines; 515-243-3686
- District 36: 1375 SW Vintage Pkwy., Ankeny; 515-261-2502
- Django: 1420 W. Locust St., Des Moines; 515-288-0268
- Restaurant A: 2932 Ingersoll Avenue, Des Moines; 515-802-8085
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill: 440 68th St., Suite 450, West Des Moines; 515-259-8540
- Flavor Bistro: 1450 SW Vintage Pkwy., Ankeny; 515-443-7272
- Franka Pizzeria: 111 E. Grand Ave., Suite 101, Des Moines: 515-288-1086
- Harbinger: 2724 Ingersoll Avenue, Des Moines; 515-244-1314
- Restaurant HoQ: 303 E. Fifth St., Des Moines; 515.244-1213
- Malo: 900 Mulberry Street, Des Moines; 515-244-5000
- Motley School Tavern: 1903 Beaver Avenue, Des Moines: 515-279-0075
- Mulberry Street Tavern: 206 Sixth Ave., Des Moines; 515-985-2066
- Provider: 505 E. Grand Ave. Suite 105, Des Moines; 515-280-1130
- Range Restaurant + Cocktail Bar: 11865 Hickman Road, Urbandale; 515-985-2066
- Santino’s Italian Ristorante: 3825 121st St., Urbandale; 515-630-5749
- St. Kilda Café and Bakery: 300 SW Fifth St., Des Moines; 515-369-7854
- St. Kilda Collective: 333 Fifth St., West Des Moines; 515-705-2030
- Café Trellis at the Grand Des Moines Botanical Gardens: 909 Robert D. Ray Drive, Des Moines; 515-323-6288
- Greenbriar de Trostel: 5810 Merle Hay Road, Johnston; 515-253-0124
- Urban Cellar: 640 S. 50th St., West Des Moines; 515-226-3230
- Urban Grill: 3651 86th St., Urbandale; 515-278-1016
- Wahlburgers WDM: 7105 Mills Civic Parkway # 160, West Des Moines; 515-225-4885
Related:Salvadoran family-run restaurant La Cuscatleca expands south of Des Moines
Elle Wignall covers meals for the Register. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @ElleWignallDMR.